Optional RulesAlternatives exist
Standard practice is to add a new page underneath the Optional Rules page for your rule.
Once it's complete, add a link to it here by adding your rule to the list.
Don't forget to add a brief description too.
- Evens Up - A New Dice mechanic for Risus.
- Simpler Risus - Based on the Evens Up mechanic.
- Alternity Inspired Dice Mechanic - A different way to use some dice that might be lying around.
- Diceless Risus - Getting rid of dice altogether.
- Saga Rules - Notes for using the mechanic from TSR’s out of print Saga mechanic (a nice simple card-based mechanic). Now you can play Risus without any dice, just a deck (or two) of cards.
- Minute-Made Magic - Simple approach to a no target number optional magic system.
- Ye Good Olde System - An Old-school, easy, streamlined dice mechanic.
- Static Clichés - Another dice mechanic, one which aims to soften the power gap between cliché levels, and adds a new type of conflict as well!
- FU-style Closed Questions - A dice mechanic which replaces simple successes and failures with degrees of success and failure.
- Risus Enhanced Edition - This system narrows down the focus of clichés and dice pools as well as adding critical hits, advantage/disadvantage, and more!
Combat Specific Rules
Rules for the GM